Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I fall through the cracks all the time.

It's oddly consistent. Put me in a group, and sooner or later, I'll end up the third wheel, or the person stuck with the weirdo, or that gal who never stops talking, or just the uninteresting friend - or acquaintance - of a friend's after everybody else has fled. I'll be the one who falls behind by reason of personal circumstances that are, yes, sometimes, a consequence of my personal choices, but also, a whole fucking lot of the time, just a result of Life pushing me around. I'll be the one who gets to the starting line a bit late and who has to fight to get to race with everyone else. I am the one who gets - not set aside, not ignored, just overlooked.

Most of the time, it's not all that bad. In some instances, it's not even bad at all. But sometimes, it's infuriating. And in the few cases where it is appropriate, I am not afraid to bring it up, but do you really think I can expect a change?

Of course not. Because I fall through the cracks. All.the.fucking.time.

No comments: