Tuesday, November 22, 2016


Because my baby has stopped sleeping altogether, and because apparently sometimes being a gentleman is a point in itself -

As I walked into my work building lobby this morning and showed my access pass to the commissionaire, I saw from the corner of my eye that somebody was being nice enough to hold the elevator door for me. I work on the 3d floor, and we have dated, squeaky elevators, so I always take the stairs, no matter how out of shape or heavily pregnant I get - so I made a general gesture to that person to let them know I wasn't taking the elevator. As I looked up I realized that the person holding the door was a colleague from another team, who also works on the 3d floor.

As I walked up the stairs, I wondered if there was any chance I would get there before he would (because I have this unhealthy sense of competition within me), and I heard the elevator ding to a stop nearby. So when I emerged from the stairwell, in between the elevators, I took a look at my left to see whether my colleague was just coming out of the elevator - obviously, he wasn't. I was just being silly to think I could walk up two floors faster than an elevator. Then I turned to my right to head for the door to my floor - and saw my colleague standing there, holding the door for me with a smile.

It's probably just the lack of sleep but.I.died.

No comments: